Saturday, August 04, 2007

08.01.2007 - Wednesday vs Angels


IMG_0306
Originally uploaded by jinlee
Then, the next day, Jay gets these tickets from his boss as a 'thank-you'. I'm like, "Eh, I usually don't like sitting in section 129, since it's behind home plate and I like being on third base, but I'll go with you since you've never ever been to a Mariners game."

Well, I guess when the seats are in row 11, you can see a lot more of the action. Plus, these 4 scouts were seated next to us and obviously had their eyes on King Felix. One of them had a huge 'red' Championship ring on, but I couldn't tell from which team (I'll assume Red Sox or Cardinals).

This game was as exciting as they get. Both teams needed to win this game, since they're in the same division and only a couple games apart.

And, this game had everything... from the playoff atmosphere, to the David vs Goliath aspect (Anaheim had a couple home runs, Seattle had nothing)... it even had a blown save by JJ Putz and a blown squeeze play by the Mariners.

Around 9:25 PM, we all got up on our feet, expecting the last out by JJ, and next thing you know, we're going into extra innings.

The game eventually ended in the 12th, around 11:30 PM. It's one of the most exciting games I've ever been to. The only other exciting game that comes to mind is the one where I saw tons of people get kicked out in our section, saw Charles Gibson (ABC News Anchor I think), Jay Buhner, and there was a ton of extra activity going on during the game.

No comments: