Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Xbox 360 - Look me up!


Ironically, I write this right after expressing my desire to get in shape. Maybe video games are the reason I'm out of shape now, although I've had various video game consoles ever since the original Nintendo came out, and I've never really been "addicted" to any games, nor spent a whole lot of time playing them.

If you happen to have an Xbox Live account on Xbox 360, feel free to look me up. Username "jin411". The 360 so far is pretty impressive. The graphics are great. It can even pull music off my main computer and play them during games. And I can even hook my Xbox 360 up to a Windows Media Center Edition computer and watch recorded TV from the Xbox.

Anyway, other than that, I'm sure the Xbox 360 does more. I just haven't really explored yet. Some of the games have been giving me terrible motion sickness and headaches. Especially any game that involves a character walking around on various levels (like Perfect Dark Zero or Kameo).

One thing to note on the Xbox 360, the guys at Gamestop have warned me about the game discs getting ruined because of people moving their consoles around with the discs inside (a circular pattern gets scratched onto the surface, they call it the Ring of Death). This most often happens when a horizontally placed unit is moved into the verticle position DURING a game. The best thing to do would be to just keep your Xbox 360 stationary. And if you do take your console from place to place, just remember to remove the discs during transport. There's a lot regarding this topic on Google.

No comments: