Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Itch to get a Truck

Ah man, I've been looking at getting a 4 wheel drive work vehicle lately. I honestly don't need one. I've got a sedan and a 1992 Ford Ranger (2wd) already and can borrow Michelle's Suburban pretty much anytime I need it.

But for some reason, I have this urge to get a huge pickup or SUV, old or new, ranging from $2K to $25K. I'm just waiting for this urge to pass. Thankfully, I've been too busy to go around and test drive anything.

There's 3 deals that are really tempting, 1) a 1994 Ford F150 for about $3500 that has 4WD, over 100K miles, and runs pretty well, 2) a brand new lease on a Ford F150 FX4 for $179 a month with $1900 down or 3) $299 a month to lease a new Toyota Tundra double cab.

The Toyota is the most tempting, because of the resale value and build quality, but a double cab is kinda useless because the truck bed is so short (I couldn't even fit a washer and dryer on the back). Plus, I'm not really the type to lease a vehicle. I've never been a fan of it. The $3500 Ford truck is tempting because of the cheap insurance (liability only) and I could pay cash for it easily. But then, that makes my Ford Ranger redundant, except that the Ranger is small and gets good gas mileage (22 MPG).

Anyway, if anything ever becomes of this, I'll be sure to post pics of the new ride on here. Until then, lets hope this feeling passes. Another monthly expense is the last thing I need.

No comments: