Thursday, August 05, 2010

Things To Do in Seattle - Duthie Hill Mountain Bike Park

Apparently, Issaquah is suddenly a mountain biking destination. Thanks mostly to Duthie Hill Park just about a mile from Klahanie in Issaquah.

There are trails for beginners and a lot more trails for advanced riders. Everyone I've met there has always been friendly and I don't feel bad about bringing my hard-tail Trek that's probably worth a fraction of the other bikes I see there.

Best of all, it's always a great workout.

The last time I was there, I tried going off a small jump with only about a 2 foot drop. But my right foot slipped off the pedal and my shin landed on the pedal. Instant bruise and bleeding. You may want to bring protection if you plan on doing anything freestyle. For me, I'll stick to the trails and stay out of the air.

No comments: