Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's been One Week - Barenaked Ladies

Well, it's been one week since we had a "threat" of snow. I remember thinking last Wednesday morning that maybe we got away with one and that all the weathermen might have been exaggerating. Then around 4 PM, the snow hit. And it hit HARD. It took me 4 hours to eventually get home, after being stuck on Mercer Island for over 2 hours.

This picture is what our neighborhood looked like yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon. There are still people getting stuck on this part of the hill. Luckily, nobody lives below us yet (new neighborhood). But people checking out the houses for sale have gotten stuck, and my car has been stuck in the street for the past week now.

I feel bad for students who will have to make up all these missed snow days IN JULY. At least, that's what I'm starting to hear now from parents in the Issaquah School District. I don't think I've seen a winter like this since the early 90s. And even though I'm used to driving in snow after all those trips up to the mountain, it's not my own snow driving ability I'm scared of. It's these guys... (to be honest though, this video was shot in Portland, Oregon)

1 comment:

Mitch said...

That was a shocking video. The first car had probably never driven in ice before. The last thing you should do is try and accelerate out of it--the less momentum the better.