Monday, September 18, 2006

Brokeback Jin

Okay, so the title is misleading. I'm not coming out of the closet or anything like that. For the first time in my life, at age 26, I strained my back while trying to lift my dad's luggage at the airport. And today, 2 days later, it's still sore.

What happened was that I picked up his heavy bag and got on the escalator. While on the escalator, I set it down on the steps. As we got near the top, I bent over (didn't use my knees) to try and pick it up with my back. As I popped up, my back instantly tensed up and I've had shooting pains in it ever since.

I'll have to cut back on heavy lifting, and really need to start exercising my whole body (instead of just running a couple times each week). I miss the high school days when I ran track, played tennis, golf, and led the football team to state (although that last one only happened in my head).

So I've been moving a bit more slowly and taking things a little bit easier lately. I may decide to go see a chiropractor soon, although I'm not looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Nikki Chau said...

Are you gonna be jumping on Oprah's couch soon?