Thursday, May 04, 2006

It might be time for my Ford Ranger

Oh Ford Ranger. I can see now why American's love trucks so much. I love this truck, not because it's pretty (because it's not), but because it's low maintenance, never complains, and just keeps going and going. Until this week. It's an old 1992 Ford Ranger 2 wheel drive 5 speed manual approaching 150K miles.

The last few mornings, it has been making high pitched noises, and it has stalled twice now at random areas. The problem is, after it stalls, I have had trouble getting the truck to restart. Most of the problems go away after the car warms up, but that doesn't mean nothing's wrong.

I know that most of my friends wonder why I drive that thing so much, especially when I have a motorcycle, an Audi and an Acura in the garage (by the way, Geico doesn't believe me that all those vehicles are mine, I think they're trying to find out who I live with, man they're starting to be a pain). I've driven the truck the most out of all my vehicles in the past year (13K miles on the Ranger versus 8K on the TL).

It's because the truck is so convenient. I can take it to the city and not worry about it getting door dents. I can take it to a Park and Ride or mall and not worry about it getting stolen. It's paid off, it's got cheap cheap insurance, and gets comparable gas mileage to my other cars (23 miles per gallon). If this was my only car, I'd be saving nearly a thousand dollars a month on automobiles (gas, payments, and insurance).

I can take the dogs places and not worry about the interior getting damaged. *sigh* Maybe I should just keep it in the driveway and use it strictly for taking the dogs places and for the few times I need to go to Home Depot and Lowes. But then it'd just be an eyesore. What do I do Blogger?

Maybe I should upgrade to an F150... nah. I think I'll sleep on this for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldlove to make this a better runing truck and keep on driving it with my loving dog right beside me.
Please give me a call or email me.
253 538 9371
lbstearns@comcast.net