Wednesday, March 08, 2006

End of an era


*sigh*... for the first time since 2000, I rode on a non-Reaction Snowboard. This was at Crystal Mountain this past weekend where the snow was amazing and the crowds were fair (the waits were never ridiculous). However, it was quite windy at the top.

My old Reaction Snowboards have had probably 100 days of riding on most of them. I could tell they were losing their pop. The edges and base are in dire need of a tuneup. But instead of tuning them up, I figured I should get a new board and put the old ones on display (or use them for rails and low-snow-coverage days).

The new replacement board is a 2006 Nitro "Viva La" Resistance 155 cm. It was recommended by Sir Evan Schneider, long time friend and long time Boarderline employee. If he recommends it, you know it's good. I wanted a board for the park, that was light and powerful through turns and a tiny bit on the stiff side. This board is exactly all of those things.

I had a lot of fun on it. It was nice holding a really solid edge through turns and being able to get some "pop" when going off even the smallest jumps.

But I'll really miss riding a Reaction.

No comments: