Monday, November 14, 2005

Moving is a Pain

Eventually on here, I hope to share some of my experiences in being a landlord, flipping homes, buying foreclosures, and all that real estate stuff that people always ask me about. But all in due time.

Right now however, I'm in the middle of moving. And this isn't just "moving into a dorm room" type of move. In November alone, my condo in Belltown has sold already, my condo in Federal sells this week, my condo in Issaquah sells next week, the eviction of a tenant at a house in May Valley will happen this week, and the new construction that I'm moving into will be ready in 16 days.

That means I need to do a TON of packing and moving. I pretty much have all my stuff piled into my mom's garage at this point, with a lot more still to go. My sister told me today that moving was rated the most stressful events in a person's life. I'd have to agree. Especially when I'm moving several residences into one (my mom's house) and then another (the new house).

The worst part is that I should be just throwing most of my stuff away, but I don't even have time to look through everything and figure out what's garbage or not. And selling everything takes time too. I tried listing about 20 items on Craigslist, which resulted in about 50 email replies in a couple hours. Most people wanted to come by to "take a look", but I didn't have time for that. I don't know why, but I always expect someone to just pay (using Paypal) and then I can ship it to them, even if it's local (I'm just used to eBay). But anyway, as soon as I saw all those emails, I removed every listing from Craigslist and deleted everything. It's not what I want to worry about right now.

No comments: