Wednesday, September 09, 2015

No more MDX

I finally gave up on the Acura MDX and traded it in for a brand new vehicle that 1. had around 30 miles on it when I bought it and 2. is under the manufacturer's warranty. The monthly payments stayed the same and I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket, so it was a no brainer for me. Size wise, it's a similar vehicle. Features wise, they couldn't be more different. I went with a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

No leather, no navigation, no 3rd row seat, no roof rack, no heated seats.

4 months in, I'm still ecstatic about the decision and I don't think I'll go back to an Acura anytime.


The things I've noticed about the Wrangler.

1. Other people in Jeeps wave at you.

2. The gas mileage is about the same as the MDX. Except I don't need to use Premium anymore! (sidenote: the gas mileage was a few MPGs better with the stock Sport wheels / tires, until I put BFG All Terrain tires on them.)

3. The Jeep is noticeably narrower than the MDX. That might suck when I try to fit 3 adults in the backseat, but it's great when parking and maneuvering in tight spaces.

No comments: