Monday, May 24, 2010

Tiger Mountain Hike - 05.23.2010

Distance : Apparently it's 5.0 miles round-trip according to 2 web sources. Although I swear I saw a sign that said 3.0 miles one-way. Unfortunately I didn't have my GPS unit with me since I've done this hike since I was in grade school. I should have brought it just to check the distance and altimeter.

Time : I hiked up and jogged down. It took 1.5 hours going up and 45 minutes coming down. I'm going to need some Gore Tex Trail Runners if I plan on jogging down more trails. My knees were starting to get sore.

Elevation Gain : Again, there is some discrepancy here. One website stated the elevation at the top was 2,200 feet. Another says 2,522. Most agree that the elevation gain is 2,000 feet from start to finish. I'll stick with the sign at the top of the hike, and say the top elevation is 2,522 feet above sea level.

Always a good hike. Although not very scenic at the top and it does get crowded. Other than that, there's a lot of options here so I always enjoy coming. Other options include the lake trail or hiking all the way to Poo Poo Point.

Note : That's Nick and Lynette in the picture. Not just some strangers on the trail.

No comments: