Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Beat the Bridge 2010

The only other time I've been involved in an organized running event was in 2008 for the Winter Pineapple Classic. It's a short obstacle course, so you get to rest a lot during your 3 mile (5K) run.

This past weekend (May 16, 2010), I ran in the Beat the Bridge 8K race at the University of Washington with a group of friends. I was running at a pace of about 10 to 12 minutes per mile at the gym, so I expected to finish the (roughly 5 mile) race in about an hour.

Strangely enough, when you're running with friends, the scenery is changing constantly, and you're having a good time... you run faster!

So to my surprise, I ran the race in just over 45 minutes, at a pace of 9:12 minutes per mile.

And best of all, the other friends had fun as well, and we're already looking forward to more races this summer.

No comments: