Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Winter of 09... Bring it on!

I haven't looked forward to a snowboard season like this since 1999, when we had a record snowfall. But I may be even more excited this time around, because I'm a little older and wiser, but in a lot better shape. This is the first time I've ever worked out extensively and I'm hoping it will pay off on the mountain.

In addition, I'm also part of the Hump Sessions Crew, about 30 snowboarders who meet up at the park every Wednesday for some night boarding.

Which reminds me, though... my Acura with the summer tires is crap in the snow and on ice. And I sold my Audi earlier this year. So do I go get a cheap truck / SUV with 4 wheel drive and get nice winter tires on them? Or hope I can bum rides and pay for gas each time?

I definitely think Whistler and Mt Baker are destinations for me this winter. I'm already loading up my Zune!

No comments: