Monday, July 17, 2006

The Wedding

IMG_5187
IMG_5187,
originally uploaded by jinlee.
What can I say about the Scurlock wedding? It was a blast. To me, the evening flew by because I was having so much fun.

It took a few hours to help setup, but before I even realized the ceremony had started, I was walking down the aisle with Jim's younger sister on my arm. It was 5 o'clock already!

Annie soon followed, looking beautiful. And Jim looked great. Everything had gone as planned. I didn't do anything stupid to draw attention to myself.

I even got to see old friends from high school (Jeff, Josh, Megan and a couple of the guys I saw at the bachelor party) and talked to a lot of cool people (Chris and his girlfriend). Then Megan made me realize, I'm totally cynical about relationships these days. I feel like career / money is what's driving me, and family is a close 2nd. And it's not really a secret to anyone that knows me. And on my list, I'd probably put things like friends and hobbies next on that list. That leaves relationships clinging on to the top 5 (maybe).

It was kind of a shock to realize it at that moment. A feeling that got worse as I saw the attempts people made to try and hook up with the opposite sex at weddings.

But I guess that's what makes Jim's wedding so special. They've been together 7 years!! Ever since Jim and I were sophomores at the University of Washington. I know some marriages that haven't lasted that long.

So Jim, best of luck to you and have a great honeymoon. Not to sound like a "toast" speech, but I can only hope to find the type of happiness that you and Annie have. Congratulations.

No comments: