Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday Morning Quarterback

So Super Bowl XL was last night, it's finally over and done with. Man what a disappointing night. I had 13 friends over to watch the game... but at least the company and food were worth it.

Congrats to the Pittsburgh Steelers and their dedicated fans (reports say 90% of the crowd was rooting for Pittsburgh... incredible. I thought at least 25% were reserved for each team). To the Seahawks, I'm still going to be cheering for you next year. I hope Shaun Alexander comes back.

A lot is being said about the officiating last night, but complaining about it won't change the game's outcome. And just like in ANY football game, you can say "if, if, if" all you want the day after, but it won't do much.

If you ask me though, the officiating sucked throughout the season, not just last night. And I certainly think a change must be made. I know the NFL lost way too many fans last night and the Super Bowl isn't what it used to be when I would watch in the 1990s when my favorite team (Seahawks) were never even in the playoffs.

So... if you're looking for someone to complain about certain plays and calls and non-calls, I won't do that here. I'm sure you can get your fix on the ESPN / FoxSports Forums or just search around Blogger.com.

2006 Super Bowl Champions - Pittsburgh Steelers
2006 NFC Champions - Seattle Seahawks

That doesn't sound bad at all. Better than I could have hoped for going into the season.

In other news, we finally have some sunshine in Seattle! On my list of "to-dos" is to wash and detail my cars since I haven't done so in at least 2 months.

No comments: